For CIES 2023, book launches have been scheduled in the program for both onsite and virtual presentations. In addition, all book launch authors/organizers will be able to ALSO upload a video to the Hub for greater visibility for your book if you choose to.
If you would like to prepare a video to share on the Conference Hub for attendees of the conference to watch, please follow the instructions below. Remember – this is in ADDITION to your onsite or virtual real-time presentation as scheduled in the conference program.
To prepare and upload your book launch video, please follow the instructions below:
- Prepare your Book Launch presentation with a program of your choice. (Ex: PowerPoint, Prezi, Captivate, etc.)
- OPTIONAL (but strongly recommended): Record a video explaining your book, maximum length: 15 minutes (to upload the video to YouTube).
- You will need a YouTube account – if you don’t already have one, please create one. Upload your video to your own YouTube account. (If you need help, please see https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?hl=en)
- Please choose your video visibility to be ‘Public’ or ‘Unlisted’ based on your preference.
- Copy the link to your video to send to us. There should be no expiration date on the shared link.
- Send your YouTube video link to email@example.com.
- Please add “Book Launch:” and the title of your book in the “Subject” line of the email.
- These can be sent anytime between now and February 10th, 2023.
- Please note the deadline of February 10th (but please don’t wait until the last minute!). We need time to upload them onto the conference hub to ensure submissions are available a few days prior to the start of the conference on February 14th.